Pink Salmon are making their way up Chapman Creek oblivious to the stage 4 water restrictions which will come into effect on Thursday Aug 13.
This morning Pink Salmon in Davis Bay started to come up Chapman Creek to spawn. The Sunshine Coast
Regional District has announced that stage 4 water restrictions will come into effect on Thursday Aug 13th 2015
Under Stage 4 restrictions on the Sunshine Coast, virtually all outdoor watering is banned.
- No using tap water through garden hoses, irrigation systems, sprinklers or even watering cans.
- No filling any pools, hot tubs or fountains.
- No washing driveways, sidewalks, vehicles, boats or other equipment.
- No using power washers.
What is allowed?
- Commercial food growers with farm status and water meters can water their crops.
- Homeowners can water outdoor plants, vegetables with bath or sink “grey water.”
More information about stage for water restrictions Stage 4 Water Restrictions Sunshine Coast
Please note that no fishing is permitted in Chapman Creek until further notice
Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP)
Dial Toll Free 1-877-952-7277
Use this form to report poaching to report known or suspected violations of fisheries, wildlife, or environmental protection laws
Salmon-related violations should be reported to Fisheries and Oceans Canada
(DFO) at 1-800-465-4336.