Leadership Opportunities for Secondary Students
Camp Team Positions: 4
Dates: March 19-23 | March 26-29 | April 16 | May 14 (check back for more dates this summer)
Hours: 9am to 3pm
Orientation Date: March 17 (10:30am to 12:30pm)
Explore the Wild Camp is seeking secondary school volunteers (ages 15-18) to support camp delivery at Chapman Creek Hatchery. Our camps are a unique mix of science and wilderness skills that allows kids to discover and try new things each day. We are looking for volunteers who would have fun providing this kind of experience for kids ages 7-11.
- Bring enthusiasm for exploring our local ecosystems
- Be prepared to be outside for most of the camp day
- Be willing to lead an activity and/or share a skill with campers
- Work as a team to provide the best possible experience for campers
- Participate in an orientation prior to the start of camp
- Commit to volunteering for the full camp week
Volunteers will have the opportunity to apply for paid camp leader positions in summer 2018.
Send an email introducing yourself to email@example.com. Include any relevant skills, hobbies or experiences you will bring to the camp (e.g. fly fishing, videography, previous work with children …
Public Tour Positions: 6
Dates: Saturdays, during the summer season
Hours: 10am-12pm; 12pm-2pm
Orientation Date: July 8
Show off your knowledge of local fish species by guiding visitors around Chapman Creek Hatchery this summer. Many hatchery visitors are from off the Coast and appreciate learning about local salmon and trout species. There may be the possibility of visiting scout/camp groups as well. Visitors often fish for rainbow trout.
- Represent the Sunshine Coast Salmonid Enhancement Society in a friendly and professional manner
- Be keen to learn about the workings of Chapman Creek Hatchery
- Be prepared to be on their feet and in the elements!
- Be willing to “bonk” fish
- Participate in an orientation to learn about the Sunshine Coast Salmonid Enhancement Society
- Commit to volunteering at least 2 Saturdays during the summer
Send an email introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.