Volunteer Positions for Secondary Students
Camp Team – Summer 2017
Positions: Up to 6
Dates: July 10-15 | July 17-21 | July 24-28 | July 31 – Aug 4 | Aug 14-18 | Aug 21-25
Orientation Date: July 6
Explore the Wild Camp is seeking secondary school volunteers (ages 16-18) to support camp delivery at Chapman Creek Hatchery. Our summer camp is a unique mix of science and wilderness skills that allows kids to discover and try new things each day. We are looking for volunteers who would have fun providing this kind of experience for kids ages 7-11.
- Bring enthusiasm for exploring our local ecosystems
- Be prepared to be outside for most of the camp day
- Be willing to create an activity and/or share an outdoor skill with campers
- Work as a team to provide the best possible experience for campers
- Participate in an orientation prior to the start of camp
Volunteers will have the opportunity to apply for paid camp leader positions in summer 2018 (dependent on funding).
Send an email introducing yourself to email@example.com. Include any relevant skills, hobbies or experiences you will bring to the camp (e.g. fly fishing, videography, previous work with children …)