Summer Student Position: Camp Leader
Employer: Sunshine Coast Salmonid Enhancement Society (Chapman Creek Hatchery)
Sunshine Coast Salmonid Enhancement Society is hiring camp leaders to assist in the delivery of Explore the Wild Summer Camps at Chapman CreekHatchery. Campers explore the local creek, forest and ocean ecosystem through scientific investigation, exploration, outdoor games, and wilderness skill building activities. For more camp information, visit: http://scsalmon.org/education/sunshine-coast-summer-camps
Camp Leaders are positive individuals who love the outdoors and are keen to spend much of their summer exploring the Chapman Creek area with kids aged 7 to 11. Camp Leaders bring an enthusiasm each day to provide every camper with a fun experience through creative activities that promote ecosystem awareness and safe wilderness exploration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping lead and supervise camp activities
- Tracking camper attendance and communicating with parents
- Set up and clean up each day
- Following guidelines to provide a safe and positive camp environment
- Reporting to the camp director
- Working as a team to provide the best possible experience for campers
- Represent Sunshine Coast Salmonid Enhancement Society in a welcoming, friendly and professional manner
- Have been registered as a full-time student in 2017/2018, and intend to return to school full-time in the 2018/2019 academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or have official refugee protection status, and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Be between 15 to 30 years of age.
- Current First Aid Certification
- Experience in working with children, ages 7 to 11
- Knowledge of local ecology
- Skills like fishing, shelter building, flying tying, video creation, crafting, and more!
- Commitment to the full term of employment
Employment Term: June 28 to August 28, 2018
Camps run Monday to Friday, plus events on Sunday July 1 and Saturday July 7.
Hours: 9am to 3pm to begin; 8am to 4pm on camp days
Please email your application to email@example.com. Introduce yourself and your relevant experiences in the body of the email. Attach a resume.